In project architecture and civil engineering, construction is the building or assembly of any infrastructure. Although this may be thought of as a single activity, in fact construction is a feat of multitasking. Normally the job is managed by the construction manager and supervised by the project manager, design engineer or project architect. Every construction project requires a large number of labourers to complete the physical tasks of construction.
The challenges the construction industry faces are to:
- Estimate accurate project costs.
- Estimate accurate landed costs for purchased materials.
- Procure and manage labour resources and subcontractors.
- Estimate and track project costs.
- Manage risk.
- Reduce waste.
- Manage asset acquisition and maintenance.
- Comply with health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage project schedules.
- Track project costs, activity and progress.
- Provide accurate project financial information.
- Ensure profit performance.
- Ensure adherence to delivery dates.
- Streamline the construction supply chain
- Manage and report customer delivery performance.
- Track supplier delivery performance.
- Manage long lead times.
- Calculate material requirements.
- Cater for flexibility in design during the life of the project.
- Improve electronic collaboration with suppliers and customers.
- Cater for different project contract pricing.
- Manage cash flow.
Agility in a dynamic business environment and the capability to deliver cost-effective and high-quality products would determine the success of manufacturing industries globally today.
Manufacturing and process industries are increasingly faced with the challenges of a dynamic and interactive environment. There is a necessity for businesses today to, focus on the potential of their suppliers, while they streamline their processes. FLI For Computer Systems offers IT-enabled solutions and services with domain expertise to a wide spectrum of enterprises in manufacturing, both in Discrete and Process sectors globally.
FLI For Computer Systems proven capabilities, methodologies and expertise in manufacturing practices help manufacturing companies improve their global operations, supply chain management and efficiencies in today's 'e-Manufacturing' paradigm.
FLI For Computer Systems services optimize the production process integrating operational requirements with the process of enterprise-level decision-making. This enables seamless integration of key business components, production functions with coherent flow of information across all critical user interfaces.
FLI For Computer Systems leverages its combined expertise with its comprehensive understanding of the business and technology drivers of the industry. This has resulted in keeping costs low, improving operating efficiencies, decreasing time-to-market for new products without compromising on quality
You’re a hospitality provider, you know how hard it is to give your customers a personalized guest experience and boost your profits at the same time.
What if you could know the value of every guest? And as a result, you could create customers for life? By using Microsoft Dynamics AX (ERP), we can provide you end-to-end back-office management solutions such as finance, business planning and reporting, and HR. By using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, we can integrate your front-office, enterprise document management, management dash-board, corporate e-mail system. By using Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can fully make use of the existing IT investment. Your property can have paperless environment
Some of the key features you can achieve:
- Manage room inventory and revenue so your organization makes more money.
- Share information throughout your properties so everyone’s on the same page.
- Create centralized guest profiles so it’s easy for your employees to make reservations and deliver personalized service.
- Find out who your most profitable guests are, and the best way to serve them.
- Automate back-office processes like finance, business planning and reporting, and HR, so it’s easier for you to create reports and analyze data.
- Reduced the time that it takes to consolidate budget data from 96 hours to 9 hours."
- Make on line approval by using Work Flows
Retailers across the globe are faced with challenges like increasing top-line sales, retention of customer loyalty and maintaining consumer recall. All this in a market that has excessive inflow of stock & merchandise. The presence of many large and small competitors has resulted in a loss of distinction in the retail segments and product categories, impacting the management and forecasting of supply chain, inventory and profits. In addition, the industry is defined by focused efforts towards global markets; integrating business processes worldwide; standardizing process & safety compliances.
FLI For Computer Systems Retail Technology practice provides industry-specific solutions for the retail industry including Retail Industry Solutions, Retail Point Solutions, Retail Loss Prevention, Business Intelligence, Retail Compliance Management and Retail Workforce Management.
Oil and Gas
From trade to development to transportation, the world relies on the oil and gas industry to energize our most critical functions. However, the industry’s success has brought with it a new set of challenges.
To bring fossil fuels from the depths of the earth to the surface of the consumer’s world, on-time and on-budget, it is imperative that industry-leading practices be implemented along each stage of the process. Exploration, production, refining and transportation, all present opportunities for improvement.
The challenges the Oil and Gas industry potentially face are to:
- Maintain portfolio of assets by finding and developing new petroleum reserves.
- Ensure 24/7 production cycles and maximize quantities produced.
- Comply with safety and environmental protection.
- Long-term forecasting to operational planning
- Manage immediate and short term operations and scheduling.
- Update inventory, monitor product movements.
- Manage inbound and outbound invoicing.
- Forecast demand, plan and schedule production.
- Design, execute, coordinate, and monitor all marketing initiatives.
- Monitor goods movements and compare stock levels in terminal tank farms.
- Plan and execute bulk and packaged-products shipments.
- Reduce downtime and unscheduled outages.
- Extend asset life cycles, achieve faster repair cycles, and raise equipment availability.
- Effective planning, monitoring, and documentation.
- Evaluate business performance and analyze operations, the workforce, and financials.
- Automate employee life-cycle management.
- Managing real estate, environment, health, and safety, incentives and commissions, corporate travel.
- Envision addresses these challenges with the following modules from its extensive enterprise resource planning suite.
- Government agencies are challenged to deliver services that are citizen focused, mission critical and result-oriented. E-government initiatives coupled with competitive sourcing with reusable programs enable new requirements to maximize accountability & performance. These are few initiatives that have been adopted as mandates.
- Effective use of information technology, improves the quality, responsiveness and efficiency of overall government operations. Significant efforts are underway to achieve streamlined, increased ROI and accountability in government IT programs to serve its citizens competently.
- State and local governments are faced with ever changing environment. They are increasingly being faced with challenges in reforming operational workflows, collaborating, knowledge and information sharing across government organizations and increasing expectations from citizens.
- FLI For Computer Systems Government Solutions are designed and managed to reduce costs, improve business processes, accelerate response time and improve services to end users. This enables us to give our clientele in public and private sectors a competitive edge, now and into the future.
- FLI For Computer Systems is at the forefront of Consulting Services, development, implementing and assisting Governments and its large Government contractors.
- Our Government Solutions team works seamlessly to integrate and Deliver Business Objectives to Clients across the globe. FLI For Computer Systems thrives in building strategic alliance partnerships that complement our strengths and contribute to our commitment. The Objective of FLI For Computer Systems is to “Deliver Business Value” to transform the way government provides services to its citizens.
The Global financial market is undergoing fluctuations that force financial institutions to become proactive and use technology as a key enabler. They are fast changing their delivery channels and using a whole new arena of solutions which helps them remain competitive. Even as the demand for financial services increases, customer expectations are on raise. The demand is for high-performing, fault-tolerant, reliable and scalable systems that are easy to integrate at low risk with reduced costs.
FLI For Computer Systems helps financial institutions stay ahead in a constantly evolving market. FLI For Computer Systems has the ability to support your organization's requirements to both new and existing challenges through our expertise. FLI For Computer Systems offers online spectrum maintenance of legacy applications, migration to browser-based platforms and integration of applications across different layers, workflow-management applications, document-management systems, Web-channel development or CRM and business intelligence initiatives.
Banking With growing competition, customer retention is becoming a critical issue. Lowering costs and keeping pace with the ever-changing regulations and business norms are few other challenges.
FLI For Computer Systems has domain expertise and understanding of accounting standard changes, cross selling, credit models, and data mining and reporting requirements. With our strengths around ERP, .NET, J2EE and other emerging technologies, FLI For Computer Systems is fully equipped to help banks in their implementation initiatives for large-scale banking solutions (product implementations, customized development and support).